The business was founded in 1987 by Duncan Evans and was originally called Argosy Shipping. In 2003 the business was acquired by Pacific Direct Line and renamed Transam Argosy.
Duncan Evans has over 25 years experience in providing shipping agency services and holds a Diploma in Commercial Shipping Practice. He was previously employed as the Agencies Manager of Pacific Direct Line and established the Transam shipping agencies in American Samoa, Fiji, Kiribati and Tonga.
Today, Transam Argosy is part of the Pacific Direct Line group which includes a network of shipping agencies throughout the South Pacific. There are Transam shipping agencies located in American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Samoa, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis Island.
Transam Argosy provides Shipping, Agency, Stevedoring and Logistics Services on Norfolk Island on behalf of:
- Neptune Pacific Line servicing Norfolk Island from Australia;
- Pacific Direct Line servicing Norfolk Island from New Zealand.
Transam Argosy also provides a shipping agency service to cruise ships calling at Norfolk Island. Transam Argosy has won a number of prestigious Norfolk Island Tourism Awards for our cruise ship services:
- 2007 Transport Services – Silver Award
- 2009 Tourism Support Services – Silver Award
- 2009 Marie Bailey Innovation of the Year Award for leading Norfolk Island’s cruise ship industry.